- Evangeline Lilly and Luke Evans on The Hobbit : The Desolation of SmaugPosted 13 hours ago
- Students remember teacher with charity singlePosted 15 hours ago
- The Ikonics ‘Silence Erupted’ (Live)Posted 18 hours ago
- The Statics ‘Alone’ (Live)Posted 19 hours ago
- Le Galaxie on new releasesPosted 2 days ago
Student Launches Suicide Prevention App
Today saw the launch of a brand new, completely free app called, which has been described at a Suicide Prevention App. It was developed by Grasp Life with the support of Bray Lyons Club. The club’s ambassador, Adam Harris, an 18 year old from Greystones, Co Wicklow, secured the funding for the app.
Grasp Life has said that 65% of those who contact the organisation are under 25, so that’s why this app is such a great development.
Once the app is downloaded onto your smart phone or Android, the user is presented with three options reading, ‘I need help’, ‘I know someone who needs help’ and ‘Advice’. The app uses Google maps to locate the user and then reveal offices and services nearby, Making help literally a click away.